As women, we know how frustrating hormones can be. When our hormones are imbalanced, we can suffer from symptoms that range from mild and inconsequential to severe and life-altering.
Hormone balance is crucial to our daily lives. Scientists have found that there are 50 hormones in the human body. These hormones control everything, including metabolism, reproduction and sexual function, and even our mood.
Signs of Hormonal Imbalance
Hormonal imbalance is defined as having too much or too little of a specific hormone. These changes can be short-term, but can also develop into chronic problems that cause serious complications. According to Cleveland Clinic, the signs of a hormone imbalance or conditions that can arise from it include:
- Menstrual Irregularities: This is due to the four hormones that affect the menstrual cycle: luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), estrogen, and progesterone.
- Acne: Changes in testosterone, estrogen, or progesterone often cause acne to flare up, which typically occurs due to a hormone surge during menstruation or pregnancy.
- Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes occurs when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin (a type of hormone) to break down the sugar in our blood.
- Hyperthyroidism or Hypothyroidism: Hyperthyroidism occurs when our thyroid produces too much thyroid hormone. When women have hyperthyroidism, we typically see symptoms of irregular heart rate, weight loss, and even muscle shaking. Hypothyroidism occurs when our body is not producing enough thyroid hormone. When we don't have enough thyroid hormone in our bloodstream, we can feel tired, experience weight gain, and have trouble controlling our body temperatures.
- Obesity: In the United States, 1 in 4 women is classified as obese.
Many women experience some, if not all, of the following symptoms associated with hormone imbalance:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Unexplained weight change
- Gastrointestinal problems, such as constipation or diarrhea
- Numbness or tingling in your hands
- Elevated blood cholesterol level
- Depression or anxiety
- Being unable to tolerate hot or cold temperatures
- Dry skin and hair
- Thin, warm, and moist skin
- Irregular body fat distribution
- Darkened skin in your armpit or the back and sides of your neck (acanthosis nigricans)
- Skin tags
- Extreme thirst and frequent urination
- Excessive shedding
Hormone Management Options
There are various methods to help with hormone balance. Hormone therapy can be administered in different forms, such as:
- Vaginal creams
- Vaginal rings
- Bioidentical hormone pellets
It is important to talk to your healthcare provider to determine which option is best for you.
The Key to Maintaining Health and Vigor as We Age
Supplementing hormones in the early stages of hormone decline is key to maintaining health and vigor as we age. The average age for a woman to start menopause is around 45. By starting hormone supplementation right away, many uncomfortable and troublesome symptoms associated with menopause can be reduced.
What are Bioidentical Hormone Pellets?
Bioidentical hormone pellets are the newest service offered at The Woman’s Clinic. According to the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bioidentical hormones are plant-derived hormones that have similar molecular makeup as those already found in our bodies. Hormone pellet therapy is a unique way to deliver bioidentical hormones. Hormone Pellets are:
- About the size of a grain of rice
- Usually, 2–3 pellets are inserted beneath the skin into the fatty tissue of the hip.
- Dissolve over time (3–5 months)
- Hormones are gradually released into the bloodstream.
- It may allow for a more consistent delivery than a pill or cream, where levels will spike after use and slowly decline until the next administration.
- This will also allow fewer side effects.
What Symptoms do Hormone Pellets Treat?
- Decreased libido
- Increased abdominal fat
- Hair loss
- Brain fog
- Reduced orgasm
- Anxiety and depression
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Dry skin
How are Hormone Pellets Inserted, and How Long Do They Last?
Hormone Pellet Therapy is a simple in-office procedure. There is a small incision that doesn’t require any stitches. Typically, one hormone pellet will last anywhere from 3–5 months. This saves women the hassle of getting medication from their pharmacy every month and keeps them from having to take medication daily.
How Much Does Hormone Pellet Therapy Cost?
Hormone pellets are a very cost-effective way to control the nagging symptoms of hormone imbalance. The cost for hormone replacement therapy with pellets is around $365, which equates to about $3 per day, depending on how often you need the pellets inserted.
When considering the amount saved on meds for sleep, depression, anxiety, elevated cholesterol, diabetes, and osteoporosis, plus benefits to quality of life, relationships, and job performance, pellets are well worth it.
So How Do I Get Hormone Pellets?
If you're struggling with hormonal imbalances and feeling like you're not quite yourself, it's time to take action and get the help you need. The Woman's Clinic is here to support you on your journey to feeling like yourself again.
Don't let hormonal imbalances hold you back any longer. Take the first step today by scheduling an appointment with Dr. Jennings or Dr. Gibbs, online or by calling (501) 664-4131. Our team of compassionate and experienced healthcare providers are ready to work with you to optimize your hormones and help you feel your best.
You don't have to suffer in silence. Contact us now to take control of your health.
Find your Everglow
While there, learn about our new collaboration with Everglow Aesthetics & Wellness at The Woman's Clinic!
Our vision is to be the best aesthetic treatment provider that empowers people to feel confident in their skin. We will achieve this by continually improving our services, expanding our treatment options, and building strong relationships with our clients. We are committed to personalized, whole-person-based, medically proven care in a supportive and inclusive environment. Our purpose is to help people feel like and be their best selves, and our core values of compassion, trust, and personalized care guide everything we do. All solutions and services are medically proven, supervised, and safe aesthetic treatments that support overall well-being and empower women to feel confident in their own skin.
Solutions we offer:
- Weight-loss package
- Hormone imbalance
- Signs of aging
- Hair removal
- Hair loss
- Botox and Dysport
- Vascular lasers
- MonaLisa touch
- Facial lasers
- Add-ons: Dermaplane, chemical peel, IV Therapy, LED light therapy.
Call today to schedule your free consultation!
Leave a Reply